- 2 bananas
- 3 tsp vanilla sugar*
- A kitchen blow-torch. I think you could broil them in the oven, but I’ve not tried it.
- Slice the ends off each banana then cut them in half length-wise and width-wise so you’re left with 4 pieces per banana.
- Coat the cut edge of banana in the vanilla sugar (nestle it in).
- Peel the bananas and lay them, sugar side up, on a heat proof pan.
- Torch those babies in an even sweeping motion until the sugar caramelizes – don’t let it burn.
- Cool and enjoy!
*You can use regular white sugar, but we thought the hint of vanilla would add to our enjoyment. I make my own vanilla sugar by stashing emptied/used vanilla bean pods in a small container of sugar. I shake it and adjust every few months.