- 1/2 gallon chicken stock, homemade is highly recommended but not necessary
- 4-5 carrots, chopped (I like slicing diagonally)
- 2 celery stalks, chopped (1/4 inch thick, including leaves)
- 1/4 large celery root, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1/4 head green cabbage, sliced into ribbons
- 3 cups shredded chicken (left over from roasted chicken)
- 1 tsp white pepper
- A few large pinches of salt
- Heat stock in a large soup pot. Add carrots and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add remaining veggies and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add shredded chicken and heat for another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve Hot. Reheats well, but loses color.
This would also be great with a tablespoon of tomato paste or a few eggs dropped into the broth.