- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 Tbs cumin
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 15 oz crushed tomatoes
- 15 oz black beans
- 15 oz sweet corn kernels
- 1 cup rinsed, uncooked quinoa (cooked in 1 cup water, 1 cup beef stock)
- 8 bell peppers, tops removed and deseeded
- 1 cup cheddar or mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 (F). Combine quinoa, water and beef stock in a small pot over medium heat. Cook until liquid is absorbed.
- While quinoa is cooking, add olive oil in a large skillet and saute onions. When translucent, add ground beef.
- When beef is cooked, add seasoning, tomatoes, beans, corn, and cooked quinoa. Cook until heated through and add quinoa
- Fill each pepper and top with cheese. Cover in foil and bake for 40-50 minutes. Cook uncovered for another 5 minutes if you like your cheese browned.
I need to try this with some faux beef. I’ve never been able to find a good stuffed pepper recipe–looks like my search is over! Thanks!
I think it’d be great without meat and cooked in veggie stock!