This dish is one of Devin’s favorite. It goes great with a nice filet of seared salmon underneath.
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup water or stock
- 1 lb. asparagus, rinsed and trimmed
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- salt & pepper
- Bring water, with a pinch of salt, to a boil. Add quinoa and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. When cooked, remove from heat.
- Toss asparagus in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake in an oven-proof pan for 12 minutes or until tender.
- Brown butter in a heavy bottomed pan. Be careful not to burn, but it should be a golden brown.
- Add vinegar and soy sauce and simmer until slightly thickened. Poor over cooked asparagus.
- Top with quinoa and enjoy!