I don’t have a picture of this recipe because every time I make it, we eat it all before it can be photographed. I’ll work on it though. I love this recipe because it can be mixed and matched with different meats and starches. My two favorite combinations are ground beef over noodles and cubed lamb over potatoes.
- 1/2 lb meat (beef tips, ground beef/lamb, etc.)
- 2 Tbs. fat of choice (tallow, lard, coconut oil)
- 3 carrots, diced small
- 1/4 onion, diced small
- 3 garlic gloves, diced small
- 2 cup stock
- 1 cup red wine (something worth drinking)
- 1/4 cup creme fresh/sour cream
- 2 tsp. flour (or cornstarch for gluten free)
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Optional: sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups cooked pasta, potatoes, or rice
- Brown salt & peppered meat in a pan with 1 Tbs melted fat; once fully cooked spoon out meat and set aside.
- Add 1 Tbs fat to the pan and when its hot add aromatics and sweat until translucent (add mushrooms here if using).
- Add high quality stock and red wine and bay leaf. Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer until reduced. (I reduced mine for about 15 minutes – I was in a hurry.)
- Whisk in flour/cornstarch until liquid thickens. Add meat back into the pan and mix in creme fresh/sour cream.
- Serve over your starch. Oh my goodness.