Dough – Ingredients
- 7g or 1 packet of dry active yeast
- 235ml or 1 cup warm water (110-115 (F))
- 200g or 1 1/2 cups white flour (bread flour for a crisper crust, AP for a chewier crust)
- 75g or 1/2 cup wheat flour (you can use all white if you’d like)
- 30ml or 2 Tbs olive oil
- 6g or 1 tsp salt
- 8g or 2 tsp honey
Dough – Directions
- Proof yeast in warm water with honey for 10 minutes. Add olive oil.
- Combine flour and salt, then mix in wet ingredients and combine into a loose dough.
- Knead on a floured surface for 10 minutes or until the dough passes the windowpane test.
- Form into a ball and let rise in a lightly oiled bowl covered with a tea towel for 30 minutes.
- Halve the dough and roll out onto a stone/lightly oiled pan. Note: if your pizza dough always springs back and won’t roll out – let it rest for 5 minutes and try again, repeat as needed. The gluten needs time to relax.
Pizza – Ingredients
- Pizza Dough, rolled out
- Enough olive oil to brush the crust’s face-up side
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 handful of good ricotta cheese (whey squeezed out)
- 1/2 lb. shredded brick cheese (we used “brick” an italian pizza cheese with a lot of flavor but mozzarella works well, too).
- 1 handful of chicken (shredded/sliced, baked/grilled)
- 1 handful of artichoke hearts
- Big pinch of oregano, italian, or pizza seasoning
Pizza – Directions
- Preheat oven to 500 (F).
- Brush out enough olive oil to lightly over the dough.
- Spread remaining ingredients evenly starting with garlic, then ricotta, chicken, artichokes, shredded cheese.
- Pop pizza in the oven, turn oven down to 400 (F) and bake for 15 minutes.